8.24.2011

What a mess.

Early Sunday morning, Keith and I woke up to a few wet spots on the carpet in our bedroom and hallway. At first we blamed poor Rocky, but realized quickly that this water was coming from somewhere else. We checked both of the bathrooms and could find no leaks, yet the "spots" continued to appear. We realized the water only showed up when firm pressure was put on an area. The water was coming from under the house. Great.
We immediately called our rental agency but had to leave a message regarding the problem. This was around 630am.We finally heard back from them around 9:00am and spent the entire day calling back and forth trying to get something accomplished towards fixing the problem. That evening 2 different plumbers/handymen came to assess the issue. Since there was no shut off valve to the main water in our house, and it being Sunday and "nothing" being open, nothing was able to be fixed.
Day 2. Day 2 was spent making several phone calls to the leasing agency (as well as an angry pregnant lady showing up at their office) More estimates were obtained by different handymen, and finally at around 7:00PM a shut off valve to the main water was installed.
Day 3. Apparently day 3 was spent gathering supplies. By this time the carpet was sopping wet and quite a mess. Luckily my friend Katie lent me her rain boots. Yup, this is how I have been trekking around my house.

So here we are, at day 4 of this mess and things are finally starting to happen. Our house is a disaster, but at least they are working on the problem. Technically our house is "livable" (Not really though, I have to tell the men to turn on the water every time I have to pee...so once an hour or so. AND I can't really use my kitchen, do dishes, etc.) It could be far worse, but this is rather inconvenient. Did I mention my husband is deploying in a matter of days?!
The carpet is being "aired out" as we speak. At least I will have a few extra fans to keep me cool tonight :) Of course our concern is for mold, so we are keeping a close eye on everything that is being done.



I just have to laugh about all that is going on right now. What else can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment