8.22.2011

28 Weeks...Daddy's point of view

This week I didn't feel like doing an update, but hubs insisted...so he decided he would do it from his point of view...

Size: Size isn't very eloquent since Allie and our baby are still so tiny, so I think Shape is a better category. Under this, I would have to say that it is crazy to think that there is a third-trimester, cauliflower sized, viable, and very active little baby inside Allie. However, Allie's baby bump has changed drastically lately, and it's getting a bit easier to believe that there really is such a growing baby inside of her. We've seen Allie's tummy stretch and drop a bit to being almost egg-shaped. It is beautiful and in my opinion she carries "low," but I think the jury is still out. Hopefully however she "carries" allows her to do so with as little musculoskeletal pain as possible while she and the baby grow their fastest in the coming weeks.   

Cravings: Steak and pizza...no real change from the norm there for me though...
Weight Gain: See Shape Change  above!

Symptoms: A great outlook. I am always amazed with everything about my wife, but her kind outlook on others and life, paired with her resilience are making her a real trooper lately. 6 1/2 months pregnant, a husband days from deploying, and a pipe has burst in our house and she has taken it in stride. Even knowing that we may have to leave our home or at least deal with getting new carpet and plumbing put in, I know where her real priorities are when I find her falling asleep with her hands on her tummy, feeling the life inside her.

What I miss: Well I guess what I will miss is what everyone has asked me about lately. Unfortunately, I will most likely be missing our little one's true birthday and will be unable to support Allie through that challenge/experience as much as I would like, but I think that in all reality when you are starting a family, there is no good time to be away. Trying to look through Allie's positive eyes, I am happy that I am not leaving our little one shortly after her birth, and that I should have several months with her when I return, with it likely that I may not be deployed again while in the USAF. Missing the birth will be hard no doubt, but knowing that I should at least have internet access
to be apart of it and that Allie is as strong as she is certainly helps.
Best moment of the week:  Allie picked up really quick on new and unique baby movement this week and called me over to experience it. With my hand on her tummy, Allie and I realized that our baby had the hickups. This made a little more sense to me when Allie read that during this week our daughter's biggest developmental step is in working on the muscles that will allow her to breathe on her own in less than 3 months. I guess that the very first diaphram workout gave her a little muscle spasm, but I'm glad to see that she's working hard.

My Girls.

2 comments:

  1. Aw so sweet! I am so happy for you guys :) You all are great! We will definitely be thinking of and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooooove this and both of you! As sad as it makes me that Keith can't be there, allie I am happy to fly down and be there for you! Love you guys and cant wait to meet the little princess!

    ReplyDelete