8.01.2011

Weekend Fun

Happy August :)
We've had a wonderful weekend together.
Saturday morning we woke up and went swimming at the outdoor pool on base. We've been doing this 1 weekend day each week and I absolutely love and look forward to it. It is a great yet relaxing workout. Plus, hubs looks pretty cute in his fins. (Not quite as cute as me in my one-piece...I'm pretty sure Sports Illustrated will be calling very soon. Ha.)
Later, we drove about 40 minutes West to the cute, small town of Quitman, Ga. Hubs had driven through the town on his way to our new home from Albuquerque and he was sure I would love it. Unfortunately, there weren't as many stores still in business as it appeared at night when he drove through which is quite sad because there is so much potential in this small town! Luckily there were two adorable boutiques, each with their own cafe attached. We chose "The Ladybugs Cafe" to have a bite to eat. It was amazing!


The cafe was probably one of the cutest I've ever seen, mostly due to the two ladies who owned and worked there. They each wore adorable aprons with matching black french style berets. The one had to be in her late-70's and I couldn't help but smile when I looked over as she was bopping her head to the Micheal Jackson song in the background. Again, adorable.
I have to admit, I have had quite a craving for chicken salad. Although, I'm not sure if it is actually a craving since I don't have to have it. I just enjoy it more than I ever have. I think it's mostly because I'm "not supposed" to eat deli meat so I have acquired a new love for chicken salad. I am still quite picky about my chicken salad though. I only like it on a bed of lettuce (not a sandwich or wrap) and it can't have too much mayo. I heard from the ladies at the table that this cafes chicken salad was "the best" and they were right! It was delish!

Served just the way I like it, on a bed of lettuce with yummy tortilla chips. I also had to have some of their homemade potato soup. SO GOOD! I could only eat a few bites though, as it was very filling and I wanted to save the little space in my stomach for that chicken salad.I couldn't even eat all of the chips, and if you really know me, you know that means there was NO room. Luckily I had hubby to help me out. (He got a very yummy roast beef sandwich yet dove into it before I could snap a pic...not that you all want to stare at pictures of food that you can't eat)

The one lady chef came to our table and asked if I was expecting (yay for strangers noticing the belly!) She asked all of the typical questions and seemed so genuinely happy and excited for us. I let her know I thoroughly enjoyed her chicken salad and that it was one of my cravings. She came back to the table with this...


A little to go order of her chicken salad! She said they were about to close and only had a little left that they weren't going to save (since NOTHING is open on Sundays). How sweet! If you are ever driving through the tiny town of Quitman, Ga I highly recommend lunch at the Ladybugs cafe, you won't be disappointed.

Yesterday we went to Mass at the Chapel on base for the first time. It was a really nice service and we both thought the Priest was great. We are still going to look at a few other churches in town, but it was nice to go to a service we enjoyed.
After church, hubs worked on the baby's changing table/dresser while I took an accidental nap :)
For dinner, we had hubs friend from college and his wife over for a cookout. We had delish chicken kabobs! It was great to meet a new couple!

Today, baby is 25 weeks along. I'll do a post tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment