2.19.2012

Atlanta...Baby Style.

The other weekend, Keith had an interview in Atlanta, so Emma and I decided to join him and make a long weekend out of it. The last time we went to Atlanta I was 29 weeks pregnant. Things have definitely changed since then! Instead of taking us 3.5 hours to get there, it took almost 6. We even needed our new car-top carrier to fit everything!

Emma did great on the trip. When she wasn't sleeping, she was talking to herself in the mirror or chewing on her bear.

The first few nights we stayed with Keith's Aunt Margie. We always have a great time while there; she and her husband her great hosts!

Keith had his interview early Friday morning, then we spent the rest of the day shopping. Emma was excited to check out Buy Buy Baby. We have been looking for a glider chair for her room, and although we didn't find the perfect one, we had fun testing them all.
We also enjoyed a yummy lunch at Jason's Deli. Keith was a huge fan of the free ice cream.


We spent Saturday being tourists and had a blast at the Aquarium and Coke Factory.
Emma loved looking at the bright colored fish!

Apparently Emma was also an attraction at the aquarium...right before these pictures we noticed a few girls taking pictures of Emma and commenting on how cute she was. I mean, I know she is cute and all...but who takes pictures of babies they don't know?!


I loved the dolphin show, it was fantastic! Unfortunately, Emma slept through the whole thing.


I think Keith's favorite part of the day was the Coke factory. He is a big fan of Coca Cola and couldn't wait for the "all you can drink" tasting room




It was a lot of fun.


Emma was really wondering where her free sample was!

On Sunday we drove to Stone Mountain, but didn't stay too long since the weather wasn't very good. We hope to go back next time we are in the area. That evening was Super Bowl Sunday. We spent the night at a hotel and had a great time watching the game as a family.




The hotel even had a "Super Bowl Party" in the lounge with lots of yummy food. It was great, other than the Pats losing!


It was fun to have a weekend away, but boy is it a lot more work with miss thing. Although, I was surprised with how well the trip went, being our first one.

Emma did great during the car ride home as well, other than the last hour or so when she begged me to sit next to her!


I didn't mind :)


No comments:

Post a Comment