3.25.2012

"She'll be 5 months this weekend..."

Wait. What?!? 5 Months! That sounds sooo much older than my itty bitty 4 month old! Last week, someone asked me how old she was and I said, "she'll be 5 months old this weekend." It sort of freaked me out. That means in just a short month she'll be a half year old! I am going to soak up every minute of this next month, since it's her last one before the big debut of FOOD, which I know will be just the start of many fun and exciting changes.


She has become quite the big girl this month. She is getting SO strong and I think the will be sitting on her own in the next month or so!



She can also STAND while holding on to an object, all by herself.

She's still a bit wobbly, and we always stay within arms reach when she stands, but omg. Standing! I don't think I'm quite ready for all of this!


 She has gotten to be such a faster eater this month. It sort of freaked me out at first because I was so used to our hour long nursing sessions. The first day she finished in 15 minutes I was sure she wouldn't last long, but no, now she eats every 3-3.5 hours! (Don't worry, she still has days where she could eat and eat all. day. long!)
Speaking of eating, she officially puts EVERYTHING in her mouth.

Hands.

Feet.

Chairs.


You name it, it goes in the mouth. This has become somewhat of a problem when we're out since she hasn't quite figured out to hold on to objects for long periods of time and ends up dropping everything on the floor! Good thing for a variety of toys, a big purse, and the sanitary cycle on our washer!



You probably can't tell from these pictures, but this month has brought our baby girl her first baby cold! It has been so sad to watch her sniffle, cough, and sneeze! Luckily, Nurse momma found the ultimate snot sucker- the "Nose Frida" Have you ever heard of one of these? If not, and you have a baby, you NEED one! Seriously, it is the best invention EVER! This cold has only lasted about 4 days and is progressively getting better and I think it is partly due to that awesome device. (Along with her anti- body rich meals!!)



Emma is SUCH a happy baby (when she is fed and well rested.) She gives the sweetest smiles and giggles. They just melt our hearts.


This month, Emma's Meme and JackJack bought her a highchair. She LOVES it! She loves sitting in it and I can tell she is itching for her first bite of something yummy! We also had a great visit with them, her Grand-Nan, and uncle Kevin. She loved all of the attention!


Mom, seriously, no more pictures!

Okay, last one!



Emma,
Baby girl! How are you 5 months old!? We have had so much fun this month! The weather here is South Georgia has been fabulous, and you LOVE being outside! We go for a walk almost every day and you love sitting up in the stroller like a big girl. You also love going to the park and sitting in mommy's lap while we swing on the swings. You are such a curious little girl and love watching the little kids run and play. I know you want so badly to get moving and join them, but slow down baby girl, because this momma is not ready for that! Other than being outside, your favorite part of the day is when daddy gets home and gives you a bath. You love splashing around and getting clean.
When we are out and about you usually hang out in your favorite place, the Moby wrap. While in it you are about eye level with the little old ladies, and they just eat you up! We can't go anywhere without getting comments on how sweet you are and how gorgeous your bright blue eyes are! Your mommy and daddy have to agree, you have beautiful eyes.
Not a day goes by that we don't sit and stare at you, feeling blessed to be given the opportunity to know you as your parents. We are so lucky!
We love you, Peanut!

Love,
Mommy & Daddy

P.S. Now that you're a big 5 month old, your mommy would appreciate it if you would sleep all the way through the night, or at least only wake up once. I know you miss me at night, because, baby girl, I miss you too! But, we are both soo much happier when we sleep when we are suppose to. Thanks lovebug!

No comments:

Post a Comment