10.17.2011

36 Weeks

Today I am officially 36 weeks pregnant. Holy Moly that means I am in my 9th month!! I know I say this every week, but I truly cannot believe how time is going by so quickly.

I have been going to the OB weekly and have an appointment later this afternoon. I hope to get an update on progress, if any.

35.2 weeks. I'd say she is pretty low! Luckily, as I'm sure it is evident in this picture, I have not had too much breathing discomfort. I can imagine it is very uncomfortable for women who carry "high" and feel lucky to not have that problem. However, my bladder may disagree.

35/36 week highlights:

Size:  I haven't had an ultrasound since about 33 weeks, and even those are not 100% accurate in determining size, but the app on my phone says she is about 19 inches long and 6 pounds. So, about the size of a large cantaloupe. She won't grow much in length before she is born, and these last few weeks she will spend accumulating fat stores. Just like her Momma.

Cravings: None :( I enjoy just about all food at this point.

Weight Gain: Yes.
 
Symptoms: I have had a little bit of hand and feet swelling at the end of the day and if I am on my feet for an extended period of time (usually whenever I venture out shopping!) But in all honesty, it's not too bad. I definitely notice more swelling if I don't keep up with my water, so I try to always have a glass in my hand (Even if it means trips to the bathroom every hour). I also have been feeling slightly more fatigued than normal. I'm not sure if it is due to lack of sleep or her increased energy demands, but I am quite sleepy from about 1-3pm every afternoon. I have a feeling this nap time will continue for the next, oh, 3 or so years :)

What I miss: A good night's sleep. ( I know, I know, "Just wait until she gets here, it will only get worse...") I think even Rocky is starting to get annoyed by my multiple trips to the bathroom and tossing and turning throughout the night. He looks up at me, sighs, and rolls over to go back to sleep anytime i wake him.
Best moment of the week: Earlier this week I washed all of her 0-3 month clothes, blankets, burp cloths, bedding, etc. It was something I had been looking forward to for a long time. I enjoyed folding every little piece and loved that each one smelt like "baby" (Thanks, Dreft.) I made her bed, organized all of her clothes, and now (7 loads later...) feel a little more ready for her to make her appearance.

35.5 weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment