7.27.2011

24 Weeks

Monday little sweet pea turned 24 weeks!

Here are some highlights for this week:
Size: She is the size of an ear of corn and is growing about 6 oz a week!

Cravings: No "real" cravings that I can be sure of. As always, I have a major sweet tooth, but the past few months I haven't enjoyed REALLY sweet things like slushies, fruit juices, or sugary snacks that don't involve chocolate.

Sleep: I have been sleeping okay. Since I got my new "snoogle" pillow my back has been feeling SOO much better. I had been tossing and turning every night and waking up with a very sore lower back prior to this amazing purchase. I am normally a back sleeper, and since about 18 weeks I have felt lightheaded while on my back, so that had to stop. I still wake up every morning between 3 am and 4:50am having to go to the bathroom. I can't complain though, as I know some women have to wake up multiple times.


Symptoms: None really. During the day I don't really feel too different than my normal self...minus the little gymnastics routine I feel going on in my tummy.

What I miss: Honestly, I miss running. I had been running (slowly) up until about 18 weeks. Then, I did 45 minutes of jogging for 3-5 mins then walking for a few minutes at the indoor track on base (so nice to have!! There's no way I could run outside in this heat/humidity) The past week I've had to listen to my body and stop running...the second I switch from brisk walking to running I instantly feel the urge to pee-even though I always go right before my workout. It's quite uncomfortable and obviously the bouncing from running is causing my bladder to get squished. So, now I am sticking to my 45 minute brisk walk.

Best moment of the week: Sweet Emma had the hiccups this morning! I felt them around 430am right after getting up to use the restroom. She was bouncing around very rhythmically in there, so I am assuming those were little hiccups. SO CUTE!

My photographer hubby decided to be creative this week...

















And this little guy thinks we are both crazy.

This past weekend Keith's parents came for a visit. We had a GREAT time and got SO much done around the house and in the baby's room. I will share details later :)

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment