7.12.2010

Stuck inside.

So, it's my first day off after working 2 nights in a row, and even though I am still sleepy and in the mood for a lazy day I would like to go for my morning run. Too bad I am under strict instructions from the hubby to stay inside with the doors locked. Apparently there was a shooting right outside the base and the shooter is not accounted for.. yikes! Looks like I'll have to continue my relaxing day inside. Yes, it is noon and I am still in my Pjs! I have been working the night shift in the PICU for the past 2 nights so my sleep schedule is a little off!
Last night Keith took me on a fun date to see Beauty and the Beast LIVE! It was such a wonderful show, I loved the music and thought it was quite romantic. Keith was a trooper the whole show so afterwards I treated him to a cupcake and yummy coffee drink and a local coffee shop! I love our dates :)
It's been nice being home with Keith and Rocky after a week long trip back to Richmond to see my family. But, as always, I miss my family! I wish we could have both at the same time, all the time! Hopefully we'll get orders to move back east....soon!!
While in Richmond I had a wonderful time catching up with my family and best friend, Kimmi! It was quite a surprise to have my dad home (he had been in Haiti helping the country start its' own Coast Guard, but a week before I was planning on coming home he got sick and had to be flown back to the US for treatment. Even though his visit home was due to illness, I was sooo excited to get to see him! Thankfully he recovered quickly and we got some quality time together, I sure do love my daddy! Note: he made it back to Haiti safely and will be there continuing to do wonderful work until the end of August...keep him in your thoughts as he finishes the job...no more getting sick!)
It was wonderful to be home for the 10th Annual Cul-de-Sac 4th of July party! This party is very special to me because it was where Keith and I announced our engagement 2 years ago! (He surprised me with a trip home and proposed to me along the Canal Walk in Richmond after eating at the place where we had our first date! It was such an amazing time for our family!)
Some pictures from that special day 2 years ago:



This year was a great party as well, minus Keith not being there! Thanks hun for keeping our country safe while we were partying!! (not so fair!)
Here are some pictures from this year!

<3 my beautiful sister!

So wonderful to be with my Daddy!

I also got to spend some time with my "little" brother! He is such a fun kid!

Wow, look how HUGE he is! He's not even 15 yet!

p.s. Momma- next time I'm home we need some pictures together!!

We also carried on another 4th of July tradition by going to a baseball game! The Richmond Braves were sold last year and now the "flying squirrels" are Richmond's Home team! The game was tons of fun!
I love our 4th of July traditions!
I <3 my siblings!

Keith and I will celebrate our 1 year Wedding Anniversary on Sunday! Our first year has been quite an adventure and I wouldn't change anything about it! We are so happy, life is wonderful! We will be taking a trip to the Grand Canyon next weekend to celebrate- expect some great pictures! Have a wonderful week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment