1.25.2012

3 Months?!?

The last time I had time to sit down and do a blog post was when Emma was 1 week old (and I don't think I really had "time" but I was awake at 3 am and had to do something to stay awake!) We have had A LOT going on in the past 3 months, and hopefully at some point I'll be able to share all of the fun photos and stories. For now, I'll catch you up on my 3 month old's progress!


She has grown up SO much this month, it truly is amazing how fast babies change. She has had the pleasure of getting to know her daddy this month, and boy, do they love eachother! It is fun to see them interact together and watch her stare at him; melting his heart.





Daddy's first diaper change!
Our big girl has also learned how to hold her head up high, and has even rolled over (Front to back) a few times! I am quite impressed with how well she does, considering the fact that majority of the time she hates tummy time!


She now has great head control and can sit up in her Bumbo seat.

During playtime, Emma loves her Rainforest play mat. She hangs out and smiles at the animals, kicks the toys, and enjoys looking at the lights.


We haven't been to the doctor since her 2 month check up. At that time she weighed 8lbs 9 oz. Today I weighed her on our scale and she is exactly 11 pounds! She is almost double her birth weight! Most of her newborn clothes are getting too tight, and although it saddens me, it is fun to see her grow. Even though she appears to have long legs, they must not be compared to the average 3 month old, because 0-3 month pants are still huge on her! She just recently started wearing size 1 diapers, although they are still slightly big (but better than a too small newborn diaper.)



She is a great eater, now. We had some troubles in the beginning, but now she is a pro! She still eats for.ev-er, but I enjoy our snuggle time. In fact, she is such a pro that I am feeding her right now in the Moby wrap while typing. It is true that becoming a mom also makes you the ultimate multi-tasker.


We mostly do the "eat, play, sleep" routine, and it seems to work really well for us. We are still working on a set bed and wake up time, but it's been tough with the move and now her recent growth spurt. She goes to bed between 7-9pm and is up between 7-9 am. She sleeps 12 hours through the night and usually get's up once or twice. Last night she went to bed at 815pm, woke around 2 am to eat, fell right back asleep, and didn't wake again until 730am. Hurray for sleep! She is on a 2.5-3 hour cycle during the day where she eats for 30-45 minutes, plays for about 1-1.5 hours, then sleeps for 30-60 minutes. Hopefully she will start taking longer naps. She would sleep all day if I held her. Thus, the Moby wrap. Oh, and as of last week, Emma sleeps in her crib!


Emma went on her first long car ride when we moved back to Georgia from Virginia. It should only be about a 10.5 hour drive, but with stopping for her feedings it took us 14.5 hours. She did great and I am pretty sure complained less than I did during the trip.

She has had quite an exciting life thus far, and we are loving every minute with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment